PRONE TO, APT TO, GIVEN TO, LIKELY TO, LIABLE TO
Sometimes the use of two or more words is possible.
1) After the decades of forced efforts to ingrain distrust and hatred the monarchy was … to extra caution.
2) This girl is … to losing control over herself at the moments of great responsibility.
3) I am not sure about what is … to happen
4) After the accident my brother is … to sudden fits of headache.
5) Henrietta was … to show up at any minute.
6) A clumsy man is … to falling down.
7) A romantic is … to falling in love.
8) At the age of fifty we are all …. to brooding about life, universe and everything.
9) Poor old Martha was … to saying the most unfortunate things at the worst of times.
10) If you upped the salary, she might be … to accept your job offer.
Keys 1) given 2) prone 3) likely 4) prone 5) likely 6) prone 7)prone/apt/given 8) given 9) prone 10) likely/liable