|1. Arrange the words in the sentences in their correct order. |
1.A gnome is busily destroying some bushes in the garden when a house cat appears.
2. "What are you?” asks the cat
3."A gnome”, comes the reply.
4. "I steal food from humans, I kill their plants.
5. I make annoying music at night to drive them crazy, and I love mischif.
6., And may I ask, what are you?”
7. ”Um, i’m a gnome,” replies the cat.
2. Find the proper ending of each sentence and build a story.
A devastated –looking man knocks on the dooor of a woman known for her charity.
"Please, ma’am”, he says, when she opens up.
"Can you help this poor, tragic family down the block?
The father just lost his job and the mother is too ill to work.
They’re about to be turned into cold streets unless someone can pay their rent
"That’s the worst thing I’ve ever heard in my life!” says the woman.
"May I ask who are you?”
3. Here’s a story. Work on the separate sentences of this story. Fill in the blanks with a proper word and then arrange the sentences in order.
- A wife is scrambling eggs when her husband bursts into the kitchen.
- We need more butter. They are going to stick! Careful! Now scramble them again! Hurry up! Are you crazy? Don’t forget to salt them!
- You know you always forget to salt them. Use the salt! Use the salt. The salt!”
- The wife turns and asks, "What’s wrong with you?”
- Her husband camly replies, "I wanted to show you what it feels like when I’m driving!