|Цели урока: |
1. Закрепление темы “The UK- Geography and Political Outlook”; 2. Развитие навыков монологической речи; актуализация изученной лексики; развитие навыков аудирования;
3. Развитие социокультурной компетенции.
Учебник 5 класса под ред. Верещагиной Ирины и Афанасьевой Ольги, раздаточный материал (Приложения №1, 2). Для показа презентации: компьютер, экран, компьютерная презентация к уроку. Для просмотра фильма: DVD player, телевизор, фильм “Westminster and Trafalgar Square” из обучающего курса “London” издательства “Longman”.
How are you today?
What date is it today?
What`s the weather like today?
What can you say about climate in Russia?
What can you say about climate in the UK?
Why is the climate in Great Britain generally mild?
Does it often rain in Britain?
The humid and mild climate is good for plants, isn`t it?
What do you know about Great Britain?
What city is its capital?
Can you believe that such a small state has such a long name and such an interesting history?
The United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland.
Purpose of the lesson
Today we are going to revise some facts about the land and the people of Great Britain and the political system.
Let`s devide our class into two groups:
The 1st group will tell us about the geographical position of the UK, its climate and people.
Plan for the 1st group
1. Where is the UK situated?
2. Why do you think the UK is called “an island state”?
3. What other country is situated in the British Isles?
4. What languages are spoken in England, Wales, Scotland and Northern Ireland?
5. How many people live in the country?
6. What is the Union Jack? What do you know about it?
The 2nd group will tell us about the political system of Great Britain.
Plan for the 2nd group.
1. Who is the Head of the state in the UK/
2. Does the Queen rule the country? What does the Queen do?
3. What countries were included into British Empire at the beginning of the century?
4. What happened in 1949?
5. Who does the real power belong to?
6. What do you know about British Parliament?
7. Why is the House of Lords very important?
8. How often do the British people elect members of the House of commons?
Leader, to represent, to debate, headquarters, to commemorate, straight ahead, coronation.
“Westminster and Trafalgar Square” из обучающего курса “London” издательства “Longman”
In this scene you will see all the sights below. Watch the scene and mark them in order you hear about them 1-7. The 1st has been done for you.
Put the words in the sentences into the correct order.
1. It`s the political centre of the United Kingdom and the home of the British Parliament.
2. Its four white faces look north, south, east and west.
3. It`s the name of the bell inside the clock.
4. This commemorates the sea victory of Admiral Lord Nelson at Trafalgar in 1805.
5. They are popular with tourists but unpopular with the people who look after the buildings.
6. One of these is the National Gallery home of
many famous paintings.
What did you learn during the lesson?
What interesting facts about Great Britain do you remember?
Get prepared to talk about Westminster and Trafalgar Square.
Автор: Соколовская Жанна Валерьевна