|Английский язык для школьников №12 |
1. Раскройте скобки, употребив глаголы в нужном времени:
THE WINCHESTER MYSTERY
One night Mrs Joyce Boweles (drive) her car from Winchester to Chilcomb
with a friend of the family, Mr Ted Pratt.
Suddenly they (see) an orange light in the sky. The car (start)
to shake and Mrs Bowels (can, not) control it. Some unknown power (lift)
it, then (push) to the left, then (stop) the engine and
(switch off) the lights.
"It was then that we (see) a cigar-shaped object about five yards long.
There (be) three figures inside," said Mrs Bowles. The three figures (be)
the crew of the UFO. Mrs Bowles said that she (be, never) so
At first, the alien crew (look) like ordinary people. They (wear)
silver clothes. Then an alien (come out) of the UFO. He (be)
quite tall and (seem) to be about forty-five years old. He (have)
_ long fair hair and a short beard. He (put) his arm on the roof of
the car and (look) _ _ at the two frightened people inside. He (have)
clear, white skin and pink eyes.
Mrs Bowles (be afraid) that the alien (kill) them, but he only
(look) at the car's instuments. Suddenly the lights (switch on)
and they (shine) four times brighter than normal. Mrs Bowles (want, say)
"Thank you" but before she (open) her mouth the UFO and its
crew (disappear, already) into the night.
crew — экипаж
UFO (unidentified flying object) — НЛО
alien — зд. инопланетянин
2. Задайте 5 вопросов к тексту "The Winchester Mystery":
3. Из четырех вариантов (А), (В), (С), (D) выберите единственно правильный:
1. Television by John Logic Baird.
(B) has invented
2. Yesterday he had on.
(A) a three-pieces suit
(B) three pieces of suit
(C) was being invented
(D) was invented
(C) a three-piece suit
(D) three piece suit
3. The train isn't the plane. They both cost the same.
(A) as expensive as
(B) so expensive like
4. Have you been to the Kremlin? — Yes, I
(A) have been
(C) as expensive like
(D) like expensive like
there last week.
(D) had been
5.1 don't know where your key is, I haven't seen it .
(A) any place (C) nowhere
6. They arrived
New York late at night.
7. At the interview they asked Alan
(A) could he drive?
(B) did he can drive?
8. We had a good time at the party.
(A) did teach
(B) have taught
you to play tennis?
(C) if he could drive.
(D) if he can drive.
10. Did you see the car he bought a month ago?
(A) what (C) which
(B) whom (D) that's
11. What did you have yesterday?
(A) for breakfast (C) for the breakfast
(B) for a breakfast (D) on breakfast
12. This is dress I've ever seen.
(A) the expensivest (C) the most expensive
(B) the more expensive (D) most expensive
13. My brother said that he the car the following day.
(A) won't need (C) wasn't needing
(B) doesn't need (D) wouldn't need
14.1 wouldn't dare to advise to the cinema with him.
(A) that you to go (C) you to go
(B) what you to go (D) you go
15. Do you mind the window?
(A) if I open (C) me open
(B) me to open (D) that I open
16.1 this book all day, but I haven't finished it yet.
(A) read (C) am reading
(B) was reading (D) have been reading
17. Shall we go by train? — I'd rather .
(A) to fly (C) fly
(B) flew (D) will fly
18. How long his house?
(A) has Mr Green had (C) did Mr Green have
(B) does Mr Green have (D) has Mr Green been having
19. The guide told us the river water unboiled.
(A) to not drink (C) don't drink
(B) not to drink (D) to do not drink
20. Can I give you ?
(A) an advice (C) a few advice
(B) some advices (D) a piece of advice
21. Winston Churchill was famous his wonderful public speeches.
(A) for (C) about
(B) with (D) of
22. Is Nile a beautiful river?
(B) the (D) an
23. before five, you'll catch the train.
(A) If you will leave (C) If you leave
(B) If you are leaving (D) If you had left
24. Another passenger came and asked .
(A) if the seat was taken (C) if was the seat taken
(B) was the seat taken (D) did the seat was taken
25. when you got to the station?
(A) Did Mr Black already arrive (C) Has Mr Black already arrived
(B) Was Mr Black already arrived (D) Had Mr Black already arrived
4. Переведите следующие предложения на английский язык:
1. Если вы придете в семь часов, вы сможете посмотреть интересную
2. Вы хотите есть? — Да, я еще не обедал.
3. Как только новые сведения будут получены, мы позвоним вам.
4. На этой улице будет много магазинов.
5. Куда все спешат? — На стадион.
6. У меня много пластинок. Ты можешь взять любую.
7. Я никогда не был в большом городе.
8. Мои родители не хотят, чтобы я стала актрисой.
9. Они собираются продать свой дом, потому что они переезжают в
10. Она переводит газетные статьи гораздо лучше вас.