|Английский язык для школьников №7 |
1. Раскройте скобки, употребив глаголы в нужном времени:
A CLEVER TRICK
It (be) a cold and stormy night. A traveller (ride) a horse. It
(rain) cats and dogs and he (be) _, wet to the skin. He (ride)
for a few hours before he could find an inn.
When he (enter) the inn he (see) a lot of people there. They
(sit) in front of the fire and there (be, not) a seat left for him.
A good idea (strike) him. He (call) the waiter and (say)
to him in a loud voice: "Boy, take a plate of oysters to my horse."
Everybody (be surprised) . The waiter (put) some oysters on
the plate and (go out) . Naturally, the other people (go out) to see
if the horse (eat) the oysters.
A few minutes later the waiter (return) with the news that the horse (refuse)
to eat the oysters. When the other people (return) they (saw)
that the traveller (sit) comfortably in a chair. He (warm)
his feet beside the fire. And suddenly everybody (realize) why
the traveller (order) the waiter to take the oysters to the horse.
oyster — устрица
2. Задайте 5 вопросов к тексту "A Clever Trick":
3. Из четырех вариантов (А), (В), (С), (D) выберите единственно правильный:
1. By the time we got to the theatre the first act .
(A) has already begun (C) had already begun
(B) had already began (D) was already begun
2. I'll pick you up at seven sharp if .
(A) you will be ready (C) you is ready
(B) you are ready (D) you has been ready
3. Do you know bag it is?
(A) whose (C) who
(B) which (D) who's
4. Latin words began to be used in English place-names very long .
(A) later on (C) previously
(B) before (D) ago
5. striking features of English life is the self-discipline of people of all
(A) One of most (C) The most one
(B) One of the most (D) The one of most
6. James made everybody believe that .
(A) he has travelled all over the world (C) he was travelled all over
(B) he had travelled all over the world (D) he travels all over the world
7. Nobody helped me, so I had to do it .
(A) self (C) meself
(B) oneself (D) myself
8. Memorial Day Americans honour the servicemen who gave their lives
in past wars.
(A) At (C) On
(B) In (D) Over
9. How many meals a day ' ?
(A) have you (C) you have
(B) do you have (D) are you having
10. What you're wearing today!
(A) the wonderful dress (C) a wonderful dress
(B) wonderful dress (D) is a wonderful dress
11. In the fifteenth century people knew nothing about big continent
(A) so as (C) a such
(B)soa (D) such a
12. As soon as I it I called the police.
(A) looked (C) watched
(B) saw (D) stared
13. The job was worse than she had expected.
(A) many (C) much
(B) very (D) a few
14. Tell me what
(A) do you want me to buy for you (C) do you want me buy for you
(B) you want me to buy for you (D) you want me buy for you
15. His mother • the cassette player.
(A) made him switch off (C) made him to switch off
(B) made him switching off (D) made that he switched off
16. The first view of the city of New York from the seals the sight that .
(A) can never forget (C) cannot never be forgotten
(B) cannot ever forgotten (D) can never be forgotten
17. You'd better to the country in such rainy weather.
(A) to not go (C) don't go
(B) not go (D) not to go
18. It's here to take pictures.
(A) too dark (C) not enough dark
(B) dark enough (D) so dark
19. Yesterday we at school till 6 p.m.
(A) had to stay (C) might to stay
(B) must stay (D) had stay
20. What European countries have you been to?
(A) else (C) another
(B) other (D) others
21.1 don't have much time, I can't you now.
(A) say (C) tell to
(B) speak (D) talk to
22. Washington, DC is the capital of the US but New York is city.
(A) biggest (C) bigger
(B) the biggest (D) the most biggest
23. Did you see John yesterday? — Yes, I saw . the street.
(A) his being crossed (C) his crossing
(B) him to cross (D) him crossing
24. Why don't you make a cup of coffee I'm finishing this?
(A) till (C) during
(B) until (D) while
25. The water of the Dead Sea is so salty that live in it.
(A) nothing can (C) nothing can't
(B) nothing (D) anything can't
4. Переведите следующие предложения на английский язык:
1. Что вы будете делать завтра в четыре часа?
2. Сходить в магазин? — Нет, не нужно.
3. Сколько времени у вас уходит на то, чтобы добраться до школы?
4. Я узнал об этом на прошлой неделе.
5. Я жду свою сестру уже полчаса.
6. Какая прекрасная погода! Давайте поедем за город.
7. Я не слышал, как ты вошел.
8. У нас мало времени. Нам придется взять такси.
9. Простите, не могли бы вы повторить последнее предложение?
10. На прошлой неделе я встретил своего друга, которого не видел несколько