|Английский язык для школьников №3 |
1. Раскройте скобки, употребив глаголы в нужном времени:
A TRAVELLER'S TALE
It (happen)__________ many years ago. I (be)__________ in India. I (hunt)__________ there. Once I (spend)__________ the whole day in the jungle. It (get)__________ completely dark when I (decide)___________ to return to my camp. I (walk)__________ along a narrow path. Strange sounds
(hear)_________ everywhere. On my right there (be)__________ a river and on my left there (be)__________ a thick tropical forest.
Suddenly I (see)__________ something terrible in the jungle on my left. Two green eyes (look)__________ at me. It (be)__________ a man-eating tiger, ready to spring at me.
I (know)__________ that if I (start)__________ to run the tiger (catch)__________ me easily. As I could swim well I (make up)__________ my mind to escape that way. I (look)__________ at the river on my right. There in the river, (be)__________ a huge crocodile. It (wait)_________ for me with open jaws.
I (faint)__________ . A moment later I (jump)__________ to my feet again. What do you think I (see)__________ ? The tiger (be)__________ in the jaws of the crocodile.
Five years (pass)__________ since that time but I (remember, still)__________ every moment of that terrible night.
to faint — падать в обморок
2. Задайте 5 вопросов к тексту "A Traveller's Tale":
3. Из четырех вариантов (А), (В), (С), (D) выберите единственно правильный:
1. I want to become a teacher__________ .
(A) when I will leave school (C) when I am leaving school
(B) when I leave school (D) when I had left school
2. The Sahara is_________ desert in the world.
(A) the hottest (C) the most hot
(B) hottest (D) the hotter
3. John is not interested__________ politics.
(A) about (C) for
(B)in (D) over
4. I'm sure we__________ before.
(A) have never met (C) didn't met
(B) haven't never met (D) had met
5.1 don't know__________ .
(A) where this museum (C) where this museum is
(B) where is this museum (D) this museum is where
6. They were in Spain last summer, __________ ?
(A) were they
(B) isn't it
(C) didn't they
(D) weren't they
7. When I came home late in the evening, my parents __________ ?
(A) had already had dinner
(B) have already had dinner
(C) have been having dinner
(D) had dinner
8. New Year's Day is__________ popular in Britain than Christmas.
(A) more less
(B) more little
9. __________ Michelangelo began painting the ceiling of the Sistine Chapel in the Vatican.
(A) At the age of 33
(B) At 33 years
(C) At the age of 33 years
(D) At the age of 33 year-old
10. The cost of living in our country has__________ again.
(A) rose (C) picked up
(B) raised (D) risen
11. I want__________ at the airport.
(A) you meeting me (C) you to meet me
(B) that you meet me (D) you meet me
12. What__________ we are having!
(A) the rainy weather (C) rainy weathers
(B) a rainy weather (D) rainy weather
13. Alex was sure that he_________ the exams successfully.
(A) will pass (C) passes
(B) would pass (D) has passed
14. Who__________ to go to the cinema with us?
(A) want (C) wants
(B) does want (D) is wanting
15. The teacher asked me__________ for the lesson.
(A) was I ready (C) if was I ready
(B) if I was ready (D) that I was ready
16. If you aren't going to Liverpool, _________ .
(A) I'm not too (C) neither I am
(B) I am not also (D) neither am I
17. Jane has been trying to write an essay for three hours, but she hasn't written_________ .
(A) anything (C) anyone
(B) nothing (D) something
18. I think that John Lennon is__________ musicians in the world.
(A) greatest one of . (C) one of greatest
(B) the greatest (D) one of the greatest
19.1 don't like coffee with___________ .
(A) the milk (C) milk
(B) a milk (D) milks
20. Mrs Johnson told us_________ .
(A) to not wash up (C) not to wash up
(B) to do not wash up (D) that we don't wash up
21. I've lost my wallet. — When__________ ?
(A) have you lost it (C) had you lost it
(B) did you lose it (D) you lost it
22. It's not very difficult__________ .
(A) to learn how to drive (C) learn how to drive
(B) to learn how drive (D) to learn how driving
23.1 don't want to go to the country, I'd rather__________ at home.
(A) staying (B) to stay
(C)stay . (D) will stay
24. I usually go to school__________ bus.
(A) on (C) in
25. It is__________ a boring book that I don't dare to advise you to read it.
,(A) so (C) very
(B) such (D) too
4. Переведите следующие предложения на английский язык:
1. Вы прочитали книгу, которую я дал вам на прошлой неделе?
2. Интересно, почему Саша не позвонил мне вчера вечером?
3. Вам бы лучше лечь спать пораньше.
4. Его старшая сестра заканчивает университет в этом году.
5. Я изучаю французский язык три года.
6. Вам пришлось вчера рано встать, не правда ли?
7. На кого похож ваш сын?
8. Мэри пишет по-английски гораздо лучше, чем говорит.
9. Вы когда-нибудь были в Германии? — Да, я был там год назад.
10. Завтра в это время мы будем купаться в Черном море.