1. Sorry, this explanation is too vague, I cannot … the main idea.
2. It’s time you were more adequate. Please try to come to … with reality.
3. The discipline in her class is ideal. She has a firm … on it.
4. Are you coming? — Just a moment, I’ll … my staff.
5. The secretary startled when the angry visitor … the paper with the telephone number from her hand.
6. Jastin energetically shook my hand and once again I marvelled at his firm … .
7. The huge wave rushed forward and Donald was … a slippery spike of th rock not to be carried away.
8. She was … a slice of lemon into the tuna salad.
9. It was time to leave, but she was still … her daughter’s hand, unwillilng to let her go.
10. She angrily … a vase from the table and aimed it at his head.
11. A fat pigeon picked a long strip of some suff from the refuse bin, but a swift gull … it from his beak.
12. After this lesson you will have a better … on the idea.
Keys:1. grasp; 2. grips; 3. grip; 4. grab; 5. snatched; 6. grip; 7. grasping; 8. squeezing; 9. clasping; 10. grabbed/grasped; 11. snatched; 12. grasp;