1) You can bring a horse to water but you cannot … it drink;
2) The captive of the Chinese mandarin was … to take poison with the help of a cunning system of tubes.
3) Wait a moment, you must sign this document, or you will be … to pay double price.
4) Some of the estate was in an awful state. The owner … the workers replace all the plumbing.
5) Hurricanes and erosion made the soil barren, and the natives were … to move to another place. 6) My new flat needed redecoration, and I … all my relatives help me at the week-end.
7) The collision with a meteor … the asteroid change its course.
8) Old Grandma is actually the patriarch of the family. Nobody has any illusions about having free will. She may … you to do what she thinks right, no matter how hard you resist.
9) What … made you change your mind? You look like you are … to agree, though you evidently don’t want to.
10) Lord-protector … Edward transfer the power to his cousin. Edward didn’t object, though.
Keys: 1) make; 2) forced; 3) made; 4) had; 5) forced; 6) had; 7) made; 8) force; 9) forced; 10) made