Test your participles!
1) The man (read) a book was rocking in the chair.
2) (Read) a book he didn’t hear the telephone ring.
3) (Read a book) he threw it away.
4) This is the man (read) the book yesterday in the hall.
5) After (sign) the document she felt satisfied.
6) She gave the officer the (sign) document.
7) The recently (accept) members were sitting at a separate table.
8) (Prove) the (prove) truths is pointless.
9) (Do) his duty he was waiting for gratitude.
10) (Wait) for the train he was watching the passengers.
11) The girl (look) at you in the metro yesterday lives next door from me.
12) I want a (fry) chicken.
13) (Fry) a chicken she laid the table.
14) (Fry) the chicken she was thinking about her job.
15) (Work) so much he needed a rest.
Keys: 1) reading; 2) reading; 3) Having read; 4) who read/was reading 5) signing; 6) signed; 7) accepted; 8) proving, proved; 9) Having done; 10) Waiting; 11) who was looking; 12) fried; 13) Having fried; 14) Frying; 15) Having worked