|1. Arrange the words in the sentences in their correct order. |
1.A busily is house in the garden destroying some appears bushes gnome when a cat.
2. "are what cat asks the you?”.
3."A comes gnome the”, reply.
4. "I food steal from their I humans, kill plants.
5. make I music at night drive to crazy annoying them, and I mischif love.
6., may I you and ask, what are?”
7. ”Um the cat gnome replies, , i’m a”.
2. Find the proper ending of each sentence and build a story.
1.A devastated –looking man knocks on
2."Please, ma’am”, he
3."Can you help this poor, tragic family
4. The father just lost his job and the
5.They’re about to be turned into cold streets
6."That’s the worst thing I’ve
a.the dooor of a woman known for her charity.
c.ever heard in my life!” says the woman.
d.says, when she opens up.
e.down the block?
f.unless someone can pay their rent
g.ask who are you?”
h.mother is too ill to work.
3. Here’s a story. Work on the separate sentences of this story. Fill in the blanks with a proper word and then arrange the sentences in order.
Burst, scramble, turn, use, calmly , stick, like
- A wife is scrambling eggs when her husband ________ into the kitchen.
- Her husband _____________ replies, "I wanted to show you what it feels ____________ when I’m driving!
- You know you always forget to salt them. ____________ the salt! Use the salt. The salt!”
- We need more butter. They are going to __________! Careful! Now scramble them again! Hurry up! Are you crazy? Don’t forget to salt them!
- The wife ___________ and asks, "What’s wrong with you?”
- "Careful!”, he shouts.”Careful! You are cooking too many at once. Too many! _________ them! Now