|Английский язык для школьников №5|
1. Раскройте скобки, употребив глаголы в нужном времени:
THE SAILOR AND THE MONKEYS
Once a sailor (come)__________ to South America. He (have)__________ a lot of red woollen caps with him. He (be going)___________ to sell them there. On his way to the nearest town he (must)___________ go through a forest in which there (be)__________ a lot of monkeys in the trees.
At noon, when the sun (shine)___________ brightly in the sky, the sailor (lie)__________ down on the grass to rest under a large tree. He (take)__________ one of the caps out of his bag and (put)_________ it on his head and almost immediately he (fall)__________ asleep.
When he (wake up)__________ he (find)__________ that all the caps (disappear)__________ . Suddenly he (hear)__________ some strange noise over his head. He (look up)__________ and (see)___________ the trees full of monkeys and each monkey (wear)_________ a red woollen cap! They (steal)__________ all his red caps! The sailor (begin)__________ to shout and throw stones at them but the monkeys (be going, not)__________ to give the red caps back. They (be)___________ very pleased with themselves.
The sailor (get)__________ very angry with the monkeys. He (take off)__________ the cap which he (put on)__________ before going to sleep and (throw)__________ it angrily on the ground: "If you (keep)__________ my caps and (want, not)__________ to give them back to me, you may take this
At the same moment all the monkeys (take off)__________ the red caps and (throw)__________ them on the ground.
The sailor (take)__________ the caps, (put) them into the bag and (go)__________ away.
2. Задайте 5 вопросов к тексту "The Sailor and the Monkeys ":
3. Из четырех вариантов. (А), (В), (С), (D) выберите единственно правильный:
1. Shakespeare is__________ to understand than Agatha Christie.
(A) difficult (C) most difficult
(B) more difficult (D) the most difficult
2. I took a shower, shaved and__________ my best suit.
(A) wore (C) put on
(B) dressed (D) took off
3. The weather forecast said that _________ .
(A) it will rain in the afternoon (C) it rains in the afternoon
(B) it would rain in the afternoon (D) it will be raining in the afternoon
4. If you__________ to Paris you'll see the Eiffel Tower.
(A) go (C) went
(B) will go (D) would go
5. Who__________ America?
(A) discovered (C) did discovered
(B) did discover (D) discovers
6. She's got 3 children, and her__________ has just started school.
(A) oldest (C) the oldest
(B) eldest (D) the eldest
7. The most striking feature of the giraffe is its long neck, __________ has always been a source of curiosity.
(A) who (C) what
(B) whose (D) which
8. St Basil's Cathedral__________ in the mid-18th century in memory of the victory over Kazan.
(A) built (C) was builded
(B) was built (D) had been built
9. I usually go to school__________ foot.
(A) in (C) on
(B) with (D) by
10. __________ we had a lot of free time, we decided to go to the park.
11. I__________ English since last December.
(A) will be learning
(B) am learning
(C) have been learning
12. Tell me__________ there is anything else you would like to see in London.
13. A secretary is a person who_________ letters.
(A) is typing
(D) will type
14. Our planet is in grave danger__________ human activity.
(B) the reason why
(D) as a result of
15. My parents have__________ lived in London.
(C) from time to time
16. It was___________ a boring film that I fell asleep in the middle of it.
17. We ate_________ cake. It was delicious.
(A) the all
(B) the whole
(C) the every bit
18. If I were you, I_________ smoking.
(A) would give up
(B) gave up
(C) will give up
(D) give up
19. When I___________ at Baker Street, Holmes was sitting by the fire deep in thought.
20. He__________ to go to the dentist because he has toothache.
21. James said that he__________ a horse before.
(A) never rode
(B) has never ridden
(C) had never ridden
(D) would never ride
22. Neither Alex nor Nick_________ German.
(B) are knowing
(C) don't know
23. __________ difficult work!
(C) What a
24.1 felt so__________ yesterday that I couldn't even get up.
25. Tom__________ Ann since childhood.
(A) is loving
(B) was loving
(C) has been loving
(D) has loved
4. Переведите следующие предложения на английский язык:
I. Ты что-нибудь слышишь?—Я слушаю очень внимательно, но ничего не слышу.
2. Мы не ожидали, что он скажет правду.
3. Он всегда дает полезные советы, но я не всегда им следую.
4. В котором часу начинается фильм? — В восемь.
5. Ему пришлось остаться дома? — Да.
6. Этот праздник отмечается в Англии с XV века.
7. Я еще не читал этого романа. — Я тоже.
8. В Москве много исторических и архитектурных памятников.
9. Кто-нибудь видел, как он выходил из комнаты?
10. На вашем месте я бы с ним не спорил.