|Английский язык для школьников №11 |
1. Раскройте скобки, употребив глаголы в нужном времени:
THE CANTERVILLE GHOST
When Mr Hiram В. Otis, the American Minister, (decide) to buy
Canterville Chase, everyone (tell) him that it (be) .__ a foolish thing
to do. There (be) no doubt that a ghost (live) in the house.
Indeed, Lord Canterville himself (mention) _ the fact to Mr Otis when they
(discuss) the sale.
"We (live, not) in the place ourselves," (say) Lord Canterville,
"since the day when my grand-aunt (frighten) by the ghost. It (happen)
many years ago. My grand-aunt (dress) for dinner when she
suddenly (feel) two skeleton hands being placed on her shoulders. The fright
(make) her very ill, and she never really recovered."
"I (believe, not) in ghosts," (say) Mr Otis.
"I (must, tell) you, Mr Otis, that the ghost (see) _ by several
living members of our family, as well as by the local priest."
"My Lord," (say) Mr Otis, "I (want, buy) this house. I (come)
from a modem country where everything (have) its value in
money. If there (be) such a thing as a ghost in Europe, an American (buy)
Lord Canterville (smile) : "There really (be) a ghost. It (live)
in the house for three centuries, since 1584 in fact. It always (appear)
before the death of any member of our family.'
"Well, so does the family doctor, no doubt, Lord Canterville."
A few weeks later Mr Otis and his family (move) to Canterville Chase.
ghost — привидение
2. Задайте 5 вопросов к тексту "The Canterville Ghost":
3. Из четырех вариантов (А), (В), (С), (D) выберите единственно правильный:
1. Six public holidays in Great Britain.
(B) are celebrating
2. Have you telephoned your parents
3. Mrs Nickolas offered me
(C) are celebrated
(D) are celebrate
cup of tea.
4. They didn't go to the country
5. Don't worry. We'll look
(C) an other
(D) the other
the bad weather.
(C) because of
6. has lived in this house for a long time.
(A) Some (C) Anybody
7. It's the most exciting film _
(A) I've ever seen
(B) I've never seen
8. The success of our picnic depends
9.1 wondered she would say next.
(C) I've ever saw
(D) I ever seen
10. We __ to a wonderful pop concert last Saturday.
(A) have gone (C) had gone
(B) were going (D) went
11. "If you all summer, you'll starve in the winter," said the ant to
(A) sing and dance (C) singing and dancing
(B) will sing and dance (D) would sing and dance
12. Can you tell me to Trafalgar Square?
(A) the road (C) how to find
(B) the way (D) how get
13.1 usually read a lot, but just now anything.
(A) I am reading (C) I have read
(B) I'm not reading (D) I read
14. You had to come back, ?
(A) didn't you (C) weren't you
(B) hadn't you (D) had you
15. At that moment Jack's wife came in and said that she the police.
(A) is going to call (C) had called
(B) called (D) had been called
16. I'm very tired. I for three days.
(A) travel (C) had travelled
(B) travelled (D) have been travelling
17. If what you say is true, there is we can do about it.
(A) little (C) few
(B) a little (D) a few
18. Our kitten washes every hour.
(A) him (C) himself
(B) his (D) itself
19. My doctor has told me .
(A) to stop smoke (C) to stop smoking
(B) stop to smoke (D) to stop to smoking
20.1 intend to stay in bed • 10 o'clock tomorrow morning.
(A) for (C) while
(B) during (D) till
21. When will the conference
(A) take part
(B) take place
22. Bad news fast.
23.1 wonder to the party.
(A) will they come
(B) they will come
24. It wasn't easy for Polly
(C) take time
(D) take off
(C) have travelled
(D) are travelling
(C) if they will come
(D) that they will come
(C) to do
(D) to make
25. Jack kissed his wife and said that he would return
(A) as early as it would be possible (C) at the nearest early possibility
(B) at the earliest that it could be possible (D) as soon as possible
4. Переведите следующие предложения на английский язык:
1. Об этой пьесе сейчас много говорят. Вы ее видели?
2. Тебе следует отдохнуть. — Я совершенно не устал.
3. Моя 12-летняя дочь очень мало читает. Я не могу заставить ее читать больше.
4. Он сказал, что у него много друзей по переписке во всем мире.
5. Что вы делали вчера в 8 часов? — Я смотрела телевизор.
6. Мистер Уайт хотел, чтобы его сын стал врачом.
7. На вашем месте я бы полетел туда самолетом.
8. Разве вы не знаете, что Брауны уже уехали из Москвы?
9. У нее прекрасные светлые волосы и голубые глаза.
10. Мне не нравятся его рассказы. — Мне тоже.