|Английский язык для школьников №6 |
1. Раскройте скобки, употребив глаголы в нужном времени:
A SLEEPLESS NIGHT
One night I (be) alone at home with my ten-year-old daughter.
She (wake) me up in the middle of the night: "Mum, mum! There
(be) a man outside the house. He (watch) me
through the window!"
I (look) out of the window. I (can) see the shape of a
man outside. Who (he, be) ? What (he, do) there?
"I (must, get) to the telephone in the hall and
telephone the police," I (think) .
I (go) downstairs hardly daring to breathe, afraid that he (hear)
my movements. I (reach) for the telephone, (lift)
, the receiver and (dial) 999. The police (answer)
and I (explain) • what (happen) . They
(say) that they (come) at once.
Soon a police car (stop) in front of the house. I (hurry)
downstairs and (open) the front door. A police
officer (come) in.
"What (happen) ?" he (ask) .
After listening to my story he (go) out, and after a while
"It's all right," he (say) . "I (just, see) ' that man.
He (walk) his dog. By the way, he (live) _ in the house opposite.
2. Задайте 5 вопросов к тексту "A Sleepless Night":
3. Из четырех вариантов (А), (В), (С), (D) выберите единственно правильный:
1. Have you seen Mary's boyfriend ?
(A) yet (C)just
(B) still (D) else
2.1 wonder what our children when we come back.
(A) do (C) are doing
(B) will do (D) will be doing
(A) a rairty weather (C) the rainy weather
(B) rainy weather (D) rainy weathers
4. Don't be angry me, please.
(A) at (C) with
(B) about (D) for
5.1 was very much surprised when Ann said that she .
(A) can't to swim (C) couldn't swim
(B) can't swim (D) wasn't able swim
6.1 want me.
(A) you to help (C) that you'll help
(B) that you help (D) you helping
7. He has never been to foreign countries.
(A) some (C)no
(B) any (D) anywhere
8. a post-office near here?
(A) Is (C) Where there
(B) Is there (D) There is
9. The police the criminal yet.
(A) have caught (C) didn't caught
(B) didn't catch (D) haven't caught
10. Charles Dickens is still popular today as when his first work
appeared, over 150 years ago.
(A) as (C) such
(B) so (D) much
11. Tom Sawyer by Mark Twain.
(A) has written (C) was written
(B) was wrote (D) is being written
12. As far as I know he speaks neither Spanish Italian.
(A) or (C) not
(B) either (D) nor
13. He said that he to Egypt.
(A) never had been (C) has never been
(B) never was (D) had never been
14. When we arrived in Sochi, it was very hot and the sun .
(A) was shining (C) shined
(B) shone (D) shining
15. The teacher made me the exercise again.
(A) to do (C) doing
(B) do (D) that I'll do
16. You've made mistakes in your dictation.
(A) too many (C) very little
(B) so much (D) a lot
17. You've never heard this song, ?
(A) isn't it (C) have you
(B) haven't you (D) is it
18. Jane is a friend of
(A) ours (C) us
19. She was the sort of woman who was always bothering about
(A) what other people would think (C) what would think other people
(B) what would other people think (D) what other people think
20. It was place I had ever seen.
(A) more beautiful
(B) most beautiful
21.1 have made up my
(C) the most beautiful
(D) the beautifulest
to become a teacher.
22. Before we parted Wilson asked me
house one day.
I would like to go and see his
23.1 am sure that Jim is lies.
24. Would you like
piece of cake?
25. Volga is the longest river in Europe.
26. Peter is a bad driver. He drives
27. This car is . I can't afford it.
, (A) cheap
28. I've never heard
(A) her to sing
(B) her sing
(C) she sings
(D) she is singing
29. My brother Ann Graves since childhood.
(A) is loving
(B) was loving
(C) has been loving
(D) has loved
2 Англ. яз. Письменный экзамен
30. Jim's sister wants to become an economist.
(A) elder (C) old
(B) older (D) the oldest
4. Переведите следующие предложения на английский язык:
1. Я не видел ее целую вечность. Она сильно изменилась?
2. Это известная картина. Она была написана Тернером (Turner).
3. Я не смогу поехать завтра за город. —Я тоже.
4. Эти деньги не мои. Я не могу их взять.
5. Майкл сказал, что он уже просмотрел утренние газеты.
6. Он попросил меня никому об этом не рассказывать.
7. Текст совсем не трудный, правда?—Да, он очень легкий.
8. Мы не ожидали, что он вернется так поздно.
9. Сколько комнат в вашей квартире? — В нашей квартире 3 комнаты. — У вас
есть телефон? — Да.
10. Вы знаете, сколько пьес написал Шекспир? — Около 30.