In my opinion, I agree that …, I disagree that,
To my mind…, If I’m not mistaken…
READ THE WORDS AND PHRASES. MAKE SURE YOU KNOW THEM.
Causes, results in, leads to, mental maturity , aggressiveness, frequent, lack of money, easy life, rich, richness, out-of-date clothes style, express identity, unacceptable, youth subcultures, come together in groups, dependence, violent, violence, smoke, drink alcohol, take drugs, community, listen to music, pocket money, confident, significant, parents’ control, break the rules, disobey, to conform to society’s standards, to escape from problems, rebel, offend, hurt people physically, revenge for the offence, be unhappy, rude, rough, independence, freedom, respect.
Please, to make sure that you have remembered the new words and phrases, do exercise # 4 in your cards. Fill in the gaps with the new words.
1. Sometimes teens can be … with their parents. a) frequent
2. They often have … language with a lot of slang. b) offend
3. … means first of all understanding of your responsibility. c) unacceptable
4. Each … has its own leader. d) rude
5. “Such behavior is … at school”- said the teacher. e) dependence
6. Trying … problems and relax, some youngsters start taking drugs. f) community
7. He looked very … when he answered my questions. g) significant
8. I don’t think it’s good to … people. h) rough
9. It is extremely … for teens to have cool modern youth clothes. i) confident
10. Financial … from parents drives teens mad. j) lack of money
11. Sally wears … , and other girls laugh at her. k) mental maturity
12. Because of … he didn’t buy Susan a good present. l) out-of-date clothes
13. … quarrels with parents resulted in a serious conflict. m) to escape from
Plan of your story (work in position #1).
1. What is a subculture.
2. Types of subcultures.
3. Typical features of one of them.
4. Why teens come together in groups.
5. The most common problems of teens.
You think that I can’t live without your love, you’ll see.
You think that I can’t go on another day.
You think I have nothing without you by my side.
You’ll see somehow, some way.
You think that I can never laugh again, you’ll see.
You think that you’ve destroyed my faith in love.
You think, after all you’ve done
I’ll never find my way back home,
You’ll see somehow, some day.
All by myself, I don’t need anyone at all.
I know, I’ll survive. I know, I’ll stay alive.
All on my own, I don’t need anyone this time.
It will be mine. No one can take it from me. …You’ll see.
a) Sometimes I can be rough and rude, ……..
b) I often quarrel with my mates ……..
c) Because of teacher who demands ……..
d) Because of parents’ control, ……..
e) I dream to have my own style, ……….
f) To find somewhere like-minded friends, …………
g) I want to have just some respect, …………….
h) Be free from everyday routine, ……………..